Chi-Ki and Shugendo Shamanism:
Introduction: This course is based on the Japanese tradition of Shugendo
Everyone knows about Reiki. That it is a way of healing developed by Mikao Usui. However, it is not widely known who Mikao Usui was, his true history, philosophy and origins of his Reiki system. However research shows shows that Mikao Usui was not a Christian nor did he attend any American universities, Usui was in fact a Shugendo practitioner. Evidence of this can be seen from the story of the origins of Reiki itself as told on Usui’s memorial stone. It states Usui travelled to the top of Mount Kurama where he fasted and meditated with strict discipline for 21 days after which he received Reiki. This process is in fact a common form of ritual among Shugendo practitioners, known as a nyubu. This is performed specifically to obtain spiritual powers. Moreover, Mount Kurama itself is a sacred site in Shugendo, and said to be the home of protective spirits that are worshiped by practitioners of Shugendo.
All things on this planet and universe are evolving, that said, it now seems right to us that Reiki, which facilitates such wonderful healing experiences should now itself, be healed and made whole by being reunited with its eclectic origins and shamanic background. Therefore, this course does not resemble Reiki practice as it is generally taught.
Shugendo is a mountain based spiritual practice not an organised religion. It blends Ancient Japanese shamanic practices, Shinto, Buddhism, Daoism, and Confucianism. It can be loosely translated as "path of training to achieve spiritual powers," and is considered the way to develop inner power and obtain magical skills, healing powers, and longevity. Shugendo practitioners believe that the mountains are home of the Gods, ancestral spirits and spirits that are connected to nature, such as wind, rain, mountains, trees, rivers and fertility.
These beings are called kami Amaterasu, the sun goddess is considered one of Shinto's most important kami. It is believed that people, after they die, become kami and are venerated by their families as sacred spirits. Practitioners are called Shugenja, Shugyōsha or Yamabushi.
As this is an Advanced Diploma course, it is beneficial for potential participants to have met us and have an understanding and experience of our methods, likewise it is very helpful for us to have met and know the people attending the diploma. Therefore is is necessary that participants have at least completed our Shamanic Soul-Empowerment module or an equivalent module. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail at or call us at 0478 22 12 69.
The emphasis of this diploma will be on self-development, spiritual growth, overcoming personal challenges and limiting beliefs in the pursuit of enlightenment. Therefore, this course is not recommended for people who do not feel comfortable working with gods, ancestors and spiritual beings.
In this Diploma you will:
1. Learn the theory and the practical use of ancient symbols and their application to individual and group healing, self-healing, and self-empowerment.
2. Enhance your psychic abilities so that will be able to have experiences of connecting and receiving attunements to your ancestors.
3. Enhance your psychic abilities so that will be able to have experiences of connecting and receiving attunements to the spirits of the five elements described as followed:
Water: Sustains life and is concerned with the depths of human emotion and the potential of new life.
Wood: Shoots up from the earth in the spring and therefore is associated with the exuberance of new beginnings and evolution.
Fire: Is associated with the healing warmth of the summer sun and the process of blooming that takes place under it.
Earth: Is associated with maturing of crops in the fields of late summer.
Metal: Is associated with the harvest, the storage of seed and the preparation for a new cycle.
4. Take part in practical exercises of individual and group healing learning to utilise your ancestors and kami.
5. Enhance your psychic abilities so that will be able to have experiences of connecting and receiving attunements to the spirits of the celestial emblems - Ancient Chinese mythical animals associated with the cardinal directions:
Green/blue Dragon of the East
White Tiger of the West
Red Phoenix of the South
Black Warrior of the North
Yellow Dragon of the Centre
Aims and Objectives
• To explore Shugendo Shamanism and its use in self-development and spiritual healing.
• To improve the student's experience of personal power and self-respect, leading to improved confidence and emotional wellbeing. We consider this essential for spiritual development.
• To facilitate participants to have personal experiences of connecting with ancestors, spirit guides, deities, angels and the spirits that reside in all things. The purpose is one of healing, guidance, experience, self-empowerment and wisdom.
• To enable participants to have experiences of being in harmony and oneness with the universe.
• To facilitate students in enhancing their psychic abilities.
This may vary according to the needs of the group. These courses are designed to be facilitated rather than taught. Therefore, class discussion is given priority and sufficient time allowed for this activity. The course follows the outline below:
• Topic for discussion
• Practical exercises and Mesmer-mediation
• Feedback on practical work
1. Participants must have 90% attendance for the diploma to be awarded.
2. All Modules must be completed for the diploma to be awarded.
3. A personal journal must be completed for each module.
4. Students must demonstrate an understanding of the core conditions and their implementation into classes.
5. Participants must attend at least one ritual at Mt Macedon. Missed sessions can be completed in individual sessions at a negotiated cost.
Phone: David on 0478 221 269